LASALLE FIREFIGHTERS ASSOCIATIONS in Partnership with BELFOR PROPERTY RESTORATION and STERLING RIDGE GROUP Present the 13th ANNUAL DETROIT RIVER WALLEYE CLASSIC - MAY 7th, 2022 at Gil Maure Park on Front Road, in LaSalle
The information submitted on this form will only be used by the LaSalle Firefighters Associations and will not be sold or released to any outside parties.
Start Time: 6am flight now SOLD OUT! 7am flight SOLD OUT! overflow flight SOLD OUT!
All slots will be awarded on a first come first serve basis. Maximum of 60 boats per time slot. Should the 7am flight sell out, an overflow flight will be opened to accommodate the additional participants. The overflow flight will allow participants 6 hrs of fishing time from their time of launch
I will be:
We need to know the number of boats that will be launched – Number of participants must not exceed the rated capacity of the boat.
Longest Fish Tournament Category: Walleye/Sauger
1st Place: $1,500.00
2nd Place: $700.00
3rd Place: $500.00
4th Place: $300.00
5th Place: $200.00
6th to 10th Place: $100.00
All boat launching is Free - KAYAKS ARE WELCOME TO PARTICIPATE
Participant Agreement, Release and Acknowledgment of Risk: Upon completing this application, I hereby waive and release all other contestants, host sponsors and tournament officials from any and all liability claims, demands, actions or right of actions which are related to arise out of, or in any way connected with my participation in this tournament, for any and all claims of death, personal injury, accidents, theft and damage to myself, my partners, to others and to all equipment involved in fishing. I voluntarily assume full and all responsibility for my health and safe being arising from my participation in this tournament. I assume full responsibility for all equipment on and off the water during this tournament. I have read and understand the rules of this tournament and I will obey all rules and understand that any violation may result in immediate disqualification without refund of my entry fee. I also understand that tournament officials may reject my application for any reason and in that event will refund my entry fee. By completing this application, it reflects that I have read the entire document and understand it completely, understand it affects my legal rights and agree to be bound by its terms. References to “I”, “Me”, “Myself”, and other first person references shall include any child or ward to whom I register.
T-SHIRT SALES ARE NOW CLOSED
Before submitting your registration form, please send payment ($60 from April 11th until 12pm on May 6th 2022, or $75 for Tournament Day Registration after 12pm on May 6th - must register morning of tournament), as well as the cost of the t-shirt selected above, if any, via Interac eTransfer to:
and enter the Interac eTransfer confirmation number below: Please indicate in the memo field of the Etransfer who the registration payment is for.
RULES AND REGULATIONS
- Participation and Eligibility
- Each contestant must have in their possession a valid fishing license for Canadian or Michigan waters, as required by law.
- Sponsors, tournament directors and anyone assisting in tournament operations, their agencies, agents, etc. are not responsible for death, injuries, damages, liability, theft, fire, or any loss of any kind to entrants.
- Each entrant upon signing an entry form will in effect be signing a waiver form.
- It is the responsibility of any non-Canadian participants to communicate all landing activities with Canadian Customs Officials, as required.
- Tournament Boundaries and Hours
- Fishing is permitted in the Detroit River only, from the south end of Boblo Island to the east end of Peche Island.
- Tournament hours will be held in two flights: 0600-1200hrs; 0700-1300hrs.
- 7am Overflow flight will allow 6 hrs of fishing time from when the boat is launched.
- The tournament is being run rain or shine. Tournament officials may cancel delay or reschedule hours in case of severe weather (small craft warning). Reschedule date is May 8th, 2022. Refund not available for those who cannot participate on reschedule date. Paid registrations are non-transferable.
- Slots for flights will be awarded on a first come first serve basis.
- All boats are required to meet US Coast Guard and Canadian Coast Guard safety regulations as well as all Ontario regulations.
- Each contestant is encouraged to wear properly secured Coast Guard approved chest type PFD at all times and especially when the main engine is operating above idle speed.
- Safe boating conduct and all safety precautions must be observed at all times.
- If an emergency exists, patrol boats will be clearly marked for easy identification. All boats will be allowed to land at nearest safe harbor.
- Boats, Equipment and Fishing
- All boats will be required to carry a provincial or state registration in accordance with the regulations of the home province or state of the contestant owning the boat.
- Electronic and electrical depth finders, thermometers and oxygen meters, etc, are allowed.
- Only those fish caught on hook and line using rods, or hand lining in the usual manner will be accepted.
- All boats will stage along an imaginary line extending west from the boat launch to Fighting Island.
- Smaller boats are encouraged to remain at the back of the line to safely manage the wake of larger boats.
- All boaters are reminded to be aware of their wake.
- Boats starting at 6:00 are required to have navigation lights or they will be bumped to the 7:00 start time.
- Spirit of the Rule
- All rules have “loopholes.” It is the intention of the sponsors to provide a safe, honest, sportsman like tournament. In the interest of good sportsmanship, contestants are reminded that the “spirit of the rule” will prevail in all cases.
- Prizes will be awarded based on the longest fish; Ties will be broken by cutting a deck of cards.
- Prizes will be awarded for 1st through 10th in walleye only. 1st will be awarded $1500, 2nd will be awarded $700, 3rd will be awarded $500, 4th will be awarded $300, 5th will be awarded $200, 6th through 10th will be awarded $100.
- Weigh-in time is based on your flight time and a penalty of 1/16 of an inch will be charged for every one minute late.
- An unloading area will be designated immediately in front of the weigh-in area and will be for unloading of fish only.
- Participants must be at weigh-in to claim prize money.
- Awards to be handed out 1 hour after the last flight returns.
- All questions and problems regarding the rules of the tournament are to be referred to the tournament committee. Their decision will be final in all cases. No other person can be considered a spokesperson for the rules during the tournament.